Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What Will Be: The Beginning *Cue Dramatic Music*

You like that epic, corny title, don't you?  Anyways, the journey is almost here; in less than 24 hours, I will be boarding a plane to Atlanta, heading to Boston from there, and finally taking off for London, where I will arrive at Heathrow airport at 6:30 in the morning (12:30 Eastern time).  A little more packing stands between the trip and I, but the majority has been taken care of.  Hopefully all supplies have been purchased, including a bathroom caddy for Oxford, (I will be sharing a bathroom with the rest of my floor, and taking baths, since there are no showers, as I have been told...I will let you know how that goes), a power converter to use electronics, a laptop to write papers and Skype with Maggie and the family, since I was told by Verizon that my phone will not work in Europe, and a suit jacket, as I have never owned one of these before.  The first reason for the jacket is to attend a tea time in the building above, The Dartmouth house.  I was invited, along with the rest of the summer students, as a welcoming to the U.K.  The building is owned by the English Speaking Union, E.S.U, who provided the scholarship for this trip.  From there, I will be staying at the Piccadilly Hostel, located in the heart of London.  Below you will see the link for the hostel, and you should definitely check out the art in each different room.  I'm stoked to see what designs I will find in my quarters!  The room will have three other people staying in it, and I have heard that this hostel does not sleep, therefore I might look a bit strange walking in wearing a suit.  Do not worry, I will be wearing a tanktop underneath, ready to get down.  Please stay tuned, I will be posting within the next couple days with photos and commentary!


http://www.piccadillyhotel.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment